Friday, April 3, 2015

A to Z of How I Learned to Love D&D: C is for Crystal Sphere

Allow me to show you the A to Z of How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Dungeons and Dragons!

The first real DnD campaign I played in was Spelljammer, TSR's neat little attempt at Science Fantasy and Swashbuckling Action.  Basically, ships were powered by magic and sailed the sea of space, or phlogiston, a substitute for aether.

Me and my friends briefly had moments on our home worlds, before being recruited into service aboard a spelljammer.  As a bard, I could power the ship, but generally my buddy Barry did, as he was a red mage from Krynn.  

We tooled around a bit, went to the Rock of Braal and had some minor adventures.

Until Barry got kidnapped by Mindflayers and powered their Lifejammer ship (where most ships were power by the spells we memorized as spellcasters, a lifejammer used a beings life force).  

We chased after the Mindflayers and even rammed their vessel, just as the mists of Ravenloft opened up for us.

What I remember most was just acting goofy and having a good time with quite a bit of laughing.

That means we were doings something right.


No comments:

Monster Monday: Ork City's Chupacabra for Shadowdark

Welcome to Ork City! In the middle of Ork City's Hatt Island is the Park, a wild and dangerous forest filled with all manner of nightmar...