Friday, January 23, 2015

Marvel's Agent Carter

So I've watched the first three episodes of Marvel's Agent Carter.

Let me add, that while I'm enjoying all DC's TV shows, I am not a fan of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I can say I like Agent Carter better, but I'm still unsure of Marvel's foray into TV.

From a Super Hero standpoint, why the reluctance to feature Superh Heroes as the central protagonists?

While, I love Agent Carter's era and believe they are handling her fellow agent's reactions to a female agent, its gets a bit heavy sometimes.  Especially, as the series has progressed, I wonder if Carter is the central character or if its Jarvis or even her fellow agent?

Now here is where I turn things on their ear, if you look at Agent Carter as mere adventure TV, it works very, very well.  In fact, as recruiter for a more general and female audience, its brilliant.
And Marvel Studios has proven they understand how to recruit audiences.

I just wish we'd get a real Super Hero show on ABC.

Maybe the Netflix Defender tie-ins will offer a bit more of my central desire?

But, at least I can watch Agent Carter until then and its worlds above S.H.I.E.L.D.

No comments:

Monster Monday: Ork City's Chupacabra for Shadowdark

Welcome to Ork City! In the middle of Ork City's Hatt Island is the Park, a wild and dangerous forest filled with all manner of nightmar...