Monday, November 10, 2014

BRP/D100 System Hack


I'm always finding inspiration from FASERIP and Alternity's use of "Levels" of success, especially, when working with Roll Under D100 systems.

Here's my current brainstorm for games like BRP and it's clones:

You can achieve 4 Success Levels.

If I roll under my Skill and the roll is even, I get 1 Success.

If I roll under my Skill and the roll is odd, I get 2 Successes (this is basically the same as rolling under 1/2 my Skill).

If I roll under 10% of my Skill (say it's 57, that's a 5 or less since I round down) and the roll is even, I get 3 Successes.

If I roll under 10% of my Skill and the roll is odd, I get 4 Successes.

Now I either need to generate successes equal to or more than the GM requires or more than an opponent on a roll.

This hack also keeps the 1s die important, which is always a goal of mine.

No comments:

Monster Monday: Ork City's Chupacabra for Shadowdark

Welcome to Ork City! In the middle of Ork City's Hatt Island is the Park, a wild and dangerous forest filled with all manner of nightmar...