Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Brainstorming for 5E: Cross Planes

In case you don't know, I chose the name of this blog as an homage to the birthplace of Robert E. Howard, Cross Plains, TX.  I like pulpy action and the title I'm using also adds cross genre action.

But, it was originally a city, much like Grimjack's Cynosure; Nexus, the Infinite City; Sigil; etc.

Essentially Cross Planes is about using the DnD 5E engine to run Rifts.  Maybe even going so far as to take their character classes and applying the Proficiency Bonus.  Or maybe just using 5E's character Classes and 13th Age's One Unique Thing to add that Rifts twist.

Its something I'll dwell on for days and days, but then I'll end up with more traditional fantasy because I haven't been able to make the time I need to work on it further.

No comments:

Monster Monday: Ork City's Chupacabra for Shadowdark

Welcome to Ork City! In the middle of Ork City's Hatt Island is the Park, a wild and dangerous forest filled with all manner of nightmar...