Friday, February 28, 2014

R.I.P. Aaron Allston

It's been a tough week for geek circles.  First we lost Harold Ramis and now Aaron Allston.

I was introduced to Mr. Allston's gaming work through Champions, specifically his Strike Force sourcebook.  For my gaming group is was like the holy grail of campaigns and we'd talk about it, mine it, use it and steal from it.

I didn't realize until later on, that he was working on the DnD line, which I preferred to ADnD 2E, back in the day.

But I did enjoy his Complete Ninjas Handbook.

I also enjoyed his novel, Doc Sidhe.

You'll be missed, Aaron.

You were far, far too young.

No comments:

Monster Monday: Ork City's Chupacabra for Shadowdark

Welcome to Ork City! In the middle of Ork City's Hatt Island is the Park, a wild and dangerous forest filled with all manner of nightmar...