Friday, May 31, 2013

Closing Out May...

Overall I've been pretty happy with my posting schedule this month.  We went to Disney World for a week and I took time off from everything.

I'm currently struggling for a direction for some of my creative outlets.  With DnD Next they've spoken about the direction Next will take and I've tinkered with it to emulate that, but I feel it's well past time for a new packet.  I've received my preorder PDF for 13th Age and the book will be as gorgeous as the rules.  I keep thinking about Weird War Stories and mixing it with 13th Age, as well.  Then the Dead AGE game kind of haunts me.  And finally, I picked up the Fate Accelerated Edition and it seems to fix all of the problems I had with Spirit of the Century/Dresden Files/Fate, which was a very pleasant surprise.  Now I wish I'd backed the Fate Dice Kickstarter :(

I did wrap up my Dragon Age for John W.'s group.  It was extended more than I'd like, yet we didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped.

I'm continually reminded that the older I get, the more I appreciate smaller gaming groups, but it's difficult to find the right size.  Too small and you miss sessions when a player has to miss.  Too big and it's chaotic at the table and you look forward to when a player has to miss.

We'll see what June brings.

No comments:

Monster Monday: Ork City's Chupacabra for Shadowdark

Welcome to Ork City! In the middle of Ork City's Hatt Island is the Park, a wild and dangerous forest filled with all manner of nightmar...