Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Beginnings Blogfest

Tim Brannan's post introduced me to the Beginnings Blogfest hosted by L.G. Keltner over at Writing Off the Edge.

The theme of this blogfest is to talk about why you started blogging in the first place, so without further ado:

I began Cross Planes earlier this year because I'd been lurking on numerous OSR forums and RPG.NET for years and had lots of thoughts on DnD and gaming in general. I also wanted an avenue to express and explore my feelings on the OSR.  And I've always wanted to write more and I decided to challenge myself to do so.

At the same time, I've always been an amateur game designer and I wanted an outlet for my fan created material.

Coincidentally, I returned to gaming after a 3 year sabbatical and my exuberance helped focus my enthusiasm and allowed me to express my half-baked ideas.

Luckily, this all culminated with WotC's announcement of 5E or DnD Next, and my luck of being part of the closed beta portion of the rules testing.

Finally, soon after I started Cross Planes, the First Loves Blogfest began and I found my stride at brainstorming ideas at posts and keeping up with the writing.

No comments:

State of the Planes April 2024

It's been awhile. I've been good and hope all of you have as well. I've spend a lot of time thinking about what this hobby and i...